I had a strange feeling like something was changing with my body. Little did I know there were two little embryos starting to take over my body and change our lives forever.
Friday 12th November 2010
It all started when a good friend of mine told me my boobs were getting bigger! After further examination this was totally confirmed. But why? I had been hitting the gym and losing weight in fact the first place I usually lost my weight from was my boobs. My friend joked that I might be pregnant and for those who know me well can probably guess what my answer to that was! (not a very G rated one anyway)
Wednesday 17th November 2010
A couple of days after realising my monthly friend was late I decided to take a test (to reassure myself) and to our amazement the test showed two big fat strong PINK lines!
My first thought was OH F#*K! followed quickly by How were we going to manage another baby? Or another frightening pregnancy for that matter? So... with my whole body shaking I managed to phone my doctor to make an appointment. After the phone call was made my hubby and I just sat there and looked at each other. We both knew what the other was thinking... Is it safe? Should we think about our other options? How are we going to tell our families and friends? OMG!!
The next place we found ourselves was at Jon's parents house. We just sat there, I got the giggles while Jon still sat there looking dumb founded until he finally felt the moment was right and announced that we were expecting. The room went silent and after a few seconds smiles appeared. (A sigh of relief from dad and mum to be.)
Now on to the next challenge, breaking the news to Dad & Mum Yannikelis.
I called my mum and talked to her for nearly 10 minutes before I managed to get up the courage to tell her we were having another baby. He response was exactly what I had expected... Oh Kerrie what about your health? Even though I knew that response was coming I still found it really hard to take on. But I also totally understand where she was coming from. (Jon and I were thinking the same thing)
After all without good health mum and baby would be in danger so we went to our appointment with our doc that afternoon to discuss what our options were. Our Doc was pleased to hear the news but was also very quick to add that there were serious dangers with having another baby. I had to make sure I kept losing weight and decided that daily blood thinning injections were going to be back on the daily routine. When we asked the question, "Do you think we should be having this baby?" His answer was, "Absolutely" So there it was decided The Vorsty clan was to be added from five to six. (Or so we thought.....)
No comments:
Post a Comment